Saturday, 28 January 2012

Steve's Choice

I wanted to make a cookie that Steve picked out from the Cookiepedia this weekend.  So he chose Peanut Butter Cookies.  Such a classic!  

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 C unsalted Butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 C All purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
      granulated sugar for sprinkling

Cream butter and sugars together until you can't see sugar granules any longer.  Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until combined.  Scoop in your 1 cup of peanut butter.  Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.  I bought my sift from Ikea for $6.99 (here).  Stir your flour mixture in 1/2 at a time and mix only until combined.  You can drop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the cookie sheet and do it that way.  I prefer to shape them into little balls of dough with my hands so they're uniform in size.  Make sure you leave about 2-3 inches between each cookie as they do spread out a little.  Press into each ball of dough with the tines of a fork in a crosshatch pattern and sprinkle with granulated sugar.  Bake at 375 F for 9-11 minutes (I used an airbake pan @ 10 minutes)

Get a glass of milk, it's going to be a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Tested and 100% approval from a four yr old and an even more picky 2 1/2 yr old!!!

    ReplyDelete