I love to cook with fresh herbs, like many do. So many recipes call for it, and when creating a new recipe on my own I always find that if you add some fresh herbs to the mix, it will taste that much better. Keeping fresh herbs can be kind of tricky as they do have a tendency to go soggy and limp or completely dry out. Solution: grow my own fresh herbs in the kitchen!
If you haven't been to an Indigo/Chapters recently, you must go! I found this cute herb garden kit there in which you can grow your very own herbs. They have three different kinds, along with a microgreens kit and a root veg kit, I opted for the pesto garden kit.
These products made by Seracon are endorsed by David Suzuki which made me feel pretty happy about my purchase. For only $20 you get seeds, aluminum container, dirt, clay beads, and all the instructions that even the novice gardener (such as myself) needs to be successful.
So far it looks like I will have something I can use, which I would chalk up to a win considering the word 'germination' does not make me think of delicious green herbs!

No comments:
Post a Comment