Saturday, 2 June 2012

Pizzaz

This was a sort of 'dinner on the fly'.  I enjoy being able to make dinner with what ingredients may be kicking around the house.  It always starts with a classis pizza dough recipe, I have been making this since I was 12:

Pizza Dough

2 1/2 cups of flour
1 tbsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup of warm water

Sift the dry ingredients together and add the oil and water.  Get your hands in there and mix untili combined and form into a ball.  Cover lightly with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot.  On top of a preheating oven works well.  In about 30 minutes you should have a nice, squishy ball of dough that easily forms on your pizza pan.  At this point you can basically cover it with whatever ingredients you most like on a pizza, bake at 400F for about 15-20 minutes.  Keep an eye on it in the later minutes to ensure you have bubbly cheese and a nice golden crust!

On our pizza tonight I put some ranch dressing as the sauce (you can thin it out with a little olive oil if you like), buffalo chicken (I ripped off some wings), tomatoes, jalapenos, peppers, and mozzarella cheese.

Dine-In only.

No comments:

Post a Comment