Monday, 20 February 2012

Yes, They Are The Squishy Kind

Squishy chocolate chip cookies, these are the things dreams are made of.  This recipe comes from my Mom's kitchen.  She has this recipe file that I am constantly phoning her and Dad to look up a recipe and read it to me over the phone.  These are the chocolate chip cookies I grew up loving.  They are cavity inducing.

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup Margarine [ I used real butter :)]
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream margarine [butter], and sugars together until you can't see sugar granules any longer.  Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat in well, stir in the vanilla.  In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, add to the wet ingredients a portion at a time to make sure everything is incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonful onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.  I baked mine for 11 minutes on airbake pans.



Get some milk, it's going to be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment