It's been some time since I have had time to post. Ok, to be honest, it's been a long time since I took the time to post! I love the weekends so much, but I always feel like Friday night goes by so fast, it's nice to come home to dinner basically made! Roast beef in the slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef
Grapeseed oil
Beef roast (I used sirloin tip 1.4 kg)
Onion
Potatoes
Beef stock
Tomato paste
salt & pepper
Last night I seasoned with salt and pepper and seared the roast in a shallow pan on the stove in about 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil. We heard grapeseed oil is healthy, so we thought to give it a try. I rough diced the potatoes and onion and placed them in the bottom of the slow cooker, a nice little bed for the beef! Once the beef is nicely browned on all sides and it's tucked into 'bed' you need to get all those delicious bits off the pan. I used about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of beef stock to do this and turned the heat up on high. You could probably use a nice red wine if you wanted but I didn't have an open bottle on hand. Once all of the bits are brought up and it's nice and hot I stirred in about 1/2 small can of tomato paste. Pour this little mixture over your roast and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I turned the slow cooker on low and set it for 6 1/2 hours this morning. It came out really nice.
I took some of the juice out of the slow cooker and reduced it in a saucepan. It made a really nice glaze for the roast.
Bring on the meat sweats.


No comments:
Post a Comment