Thursday, 17 May 2012

I Think Summer Is Here!

Ok, maybe summer isn't here just yet.  But, it sure felt like it yesterday!  The last temperature on my car read at 30 degrees.  I know that probably isn't accurate, but i'll take it.  It was so nice to finally feel hot sun on my face!
So to celebrate I wanted to make something that looked like summer too.  I barbecued up some pork chops (kinda boring) and then added a mango salsa (not boring!).

Mango Salsa

2 Mangoes 
1/2 Red pepper 
1/2 jalapeno 
handful of cilantro 
juice of 1/2 lime
salt and pepper

Chop up the first four ingredients into a bowl and add the juice of half a lime, and salt and pepper to taste. Try it out, if you want it spicier, more jalapeno.  Make it all your own!

Here it is spooned over a barbecued pork chop with a side salad.
So bright and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment